With the news of a planned 'wine pipeline' in Dordogne great debate has been sparked about the disruption that the pipeline will cause to local residents.
Many locals in Dordogne are disgruntled that the introduction of the wine pipeline will cause several years of disruption to roads, parks and, in some cases, housing in the area, yet they will have no way to tap into it.
The new pipeline has been proposed by local winemakers who are keen to reduce their costs and carbon footprint by using the pipes instead of vans to bring their wine from the vineyards into various establishments across Dordogne.
Introduction of the proposed plans will mean that wine will literally be available 'on tap' in many central bars. Check out our map to find one near you.
More Dordogne Insights...
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018
- Reduced speed limit on French roads from July 2018