The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be to everyone's taste but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in Dordogne holding wine tasting sessions.
Dates for this event
More Dordogne Insights...
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018
- Reduced speed limit on French roads from July 2018
- I'm dreaming of a French Christmas in Dordogne