Acknowledged as one of the most important food regions of France, cuisine in the Dordogne area is often based on duck or goose. Rich cuisine with nuts and truffles, coupled with fine local wines...sounds like a recipe for a wonderful gastronomic holiday.
- Canelé - Small domed cakes made from batter & caramelised
- Cassoulet - a rich, slow-cooked casserole from the Occitan region
- Enchaud Périgourdin - Pork dish that is traditionally served cold
- Gateau des Rois - The Cake of Kings!
- Pastis du Quercy - A sweet treat from the farming areas of the south-west & Quercy
- Pommes Sarladais - French style garlic potatoes that come on every menu in the Dordogne
- Tourin - A smooth French garlic soup from the Perigord region
- More inspiration...