The Ministry of Health in France is urging bathers to take note of the water quality on their favourite beaches, rivers and watering holes. They are providing up-to-date information regarding the cleanliness of France's beaches and rivers.
The interactive map (which is available in English) allows you to zoom in on the areas of interest and to review recent test results. The beaches and rivers are ranked from excellent (blue) to prohibited (pink), meaning that entering the water is strictly prohibited.
The monthly testing and monitoring makes it possible to assess the effects of wastewater sanitation and dirty rainwater runoff into swimming sites.
Thankfully the rivers and natural swimming spots around Dordogne are mainly blue, so we can swim, kayak, canoe & dive happily in the knowledge that the waters are clean and healthy.
More Dordogne Insights...
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018
- Reduced speed limit on French roads from July 2018