This strawberry festival in Beaulieu celebrates the fruit grown on its hilly lands on the second Sunday in May.
The main event is the baking of a giant strawberry pie, but it is accompanied by a market with regional produce and French and international music and dance performances. The medieval, cobbled streets, a splendid Romanesque abbey, and the Chapel of the Penitents offer a magnificent setting for these strawberries!
Entertainment for the whole family; horse riding, wooden exhibition, face painting, wooden games, various workshops (cooking, arts and crafts, ...), parade and races, nature sports events (canoes, making kites, fishing simulator), plus street entertainment and magicians.
More Dordogne Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Dordogne from June 15th 2020
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018