Museums and archaeological sites all over France organise special events, from workshops to talks and even mock excavations for children.
Last year, 155,000 people in 514 different towns took part in the activities, promoted by the Institut national de recherches archéologiques préventives.
Click on the web link to learn more about what your local museum is doing.
More Dordogne Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Dordogne from June 15th 2020
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018