Cahors is a city of art and history and its secret gardens, created by the head gardener Patrick Charoy are accessible in every corner of the city (25 secret gardens to date), were approved as remarkable gardens by the Ministry of Culture and Communication; which is unique in France!
Juin Jardin festival was born in June 2006 during the national event, 'Rendez-vous in the Gardens'. The idea was initially to welcome artists and visitors in private gardens, just to encourage meetings while valuing a different side of Cahors; a side hidden, secret and full of stories that people loved to tell.
The festival is now held annually. You can view the full programme, prior to the event, on their website.
More Dordogne Insights...
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018
- Reduced speed limit on French roads from July 2018
- I'm dreaming of a French Christmas in Dordogne