Meteo France have put out a storm warning in 7 departments this morning after heavy storms and lightning have left around 120,000 homes without electricity.
Heavy rain and electrical storms have been causing havoc, with fire and emergency services stretched to their limits dealing with the huge number of lightning strikes, which Meteo France believe to number around 70,000. There have also been a large number of floods, with homes and basements needing to be pumped out.
You can see the departments affected on the carte vigilance, released by the weather agency.
This morning may start calmly, but by this afternoon and into the evening, those departments could be seeing even more heavy rains and flooding.
More Dordogne Insights...
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018
- Reduced speed limit on French roads from July 2018