Situated in the heart of the town of Autoire, this 12th century catholic church is like many others in the Quercy region and was fortified during the Hundred Years War.
This simple fortified church originates from 1090 when Raymond of Bauze, Lord of Autoire and the Bishop of Cahors gifted the church to the town on the condition that his son would become the canon (or priest). It is thought that the actual building was erected not long after this as parts of it date from the end of the 11th century and the beginning of the 12th.
The nave was likely to have been destroyed during the Religious wars and according to reports, repairs were made to it in 1783. The nave was fully rebuilt in a Romanesque-Gothic style between 1868 and 1880.
- Religious Building
- Paid Parking
- Public car-park (outdoor)
- Le Bourg