Housed in the Maison Peyrarède, the tobacco museum in Bergerac tells the 4,000 year history of tobacco growth in the region when it used to be a major crop.
Unique in Europe, the collections of the museum tell of the saga of this plant with has an interesting history that originated in America. It has an interesting collection of artefacts, including cigar and cigarette holders, pipes and tobacco jars, but tells also of the history of tobacco use and not just as we know it today.
- Public car-park (covered)
- Public car-park (outdoor)
- Disabled access
- Lift / Elevator
- Maison Peyrarède Place du Feu (10 Rue de l'Ancien Pont) Bergerac
More Dordogne Insights...
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018
- Reduced speed limit on French roads from July 2018
- I'm dreaming of a French Christmas in Dordogne