During the last weekend of January, Sorges holds an annual truffle festival to celebrate this regional speciality.
Attracting large crowds and many more foreign visitors this festival not only celebrates the 'black gold' but also the regions other famous dish, Foie Gras. The event includes cooking demonstrations, omelette competitions, music and a giant banquet.
More Dordogne Insights...
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018
- Reduced speed limit on French roads from July 2018