On the first weekend in May each year, the small village of Bertric Burée celebrate one of France's classic gastronomic delights.
Nearly 100,000 snails are cooked in huge vats and devoured by locals and visitors from all over France. An all day event, in traditional French style, which involves the consumption of lots of white wine and a huge evening feast.
Great fun day for the whole family as they normally host a brocante (equivalent of a car boot sales), fun fair, bar and market where they serve food including snails, beef or confit de canard (duck) and lots of wine. Great fun and always on the first Monday in May.
More Dordogne Insights...
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018
- Reduced speed limit on French roads from July 2018
- I'm dreaming of a French Christmas in Dordogne