After tragically losing her husband to throat cancer at the start of 2016, Celine Dion released a French album, Encore un Soir, in August 2016 and is now planning a European Tour in 2017.
The concert on 29th June in the Matmut Atlantique stadium will be her first date in France, before the singer travels on to Lille, Paris, Lyon, Marseille and Nice, before heading back to the UK to complete her 2017 European tour.
"I can not wait to return to the UK and Europe this summer, I have so many precious memories in these great cities and I am so excited about the idea to go back and finally see all my fans", said Dion.
In a career spanning some 35 plus years, this will Celine Dion's first performance at the all new stadium in Bordeaux. Tickets will go on general sale from Friday 3rd February at the usual ticket outlets, with advance ticket sales taking place from 10am on Wednesday 1st February (tomorrow) on the Matmut Atlantique website only.
More Dordogne Insights...
- Happy New Year from Dordogne!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeDordogne.com
- Kerry & Tomas - Owners at Les Charmes de Carlucet
- Grab a bargain - Dordogne summer sales 2018
- Reduced speed limit on French roads from July 2018
- I'm dreaming of a French Christmas in Dordogne